PTFA Executives and Review of Guiding Statements
As part of the school's preparation towards CIS accreditation, the school is reviewing its Guiding Statements and there have been different sessions with staff, students and the board. Parents took their turn on 2nd March 2023 at 6.30pm in the MKV Clubhouse. The meeting began with a presentation by the Prinicpal on the accreditation process and the CIS code of ethics. During the meeting, feedback was gained from parents on the Mission and Vision. The aim was to help us decide if the current Mission and Vision remain valid for the school or should they be changed.
Some of the questions asked are as follows:
1. Do you think the school is doing a good job of preparing our students to be compassionate, resilient and versatile?
Give examples of how we are doing this? How could the school do better?
2. Do you think the school is equipping students to face the opportunities of the future? Give examples of
how we are doing this?
3. How could the school do better?
4. Do you think your child is getting an international education? What does that mean to you? What does the
school do to ensure they offer an international education?
5. Do you think the students at ISA are becoming competent, well-rounded young people? What evidence is there?
6.Do you think the Vision and Mission should change or are they suitable for ISA?
7. Any Other Comments
The meeting was also used to elect the executives for the Parents, Teachers and Frinds of ISA to serve a two-year tenure.
President - Mrs. Charlotte Senyo
Vice-President - Mrs. Gloria Alorchie-Apetor (represented by her husband in the photo)
Secretary - Ms. Christine Kwamifoli
Organiser - Mr. George Adjei Rockson
Treasurer - Mrs. Irene Akuba Annin
Congratulations to everyone and thank you for taking on these important roles.
We would also like to thank the past Executive team of the PTFA for your contributions, Hon. Yvonne Opoku Kwarteng,
Mrs. Juliana Seidu and Mrs. Ruth Amoah Owusu. Hon. Yvonne Opoku Kwarteng deserves special mention. It was
challenging running meetings online but you made it possible. Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with.